Sorry for the lack of blog posts. Again!
I’ve spent this entire Spring and beginning of the Summer working, studying, learning, making mistakes, and evolving. Sounds like a lot, I know. I’ve kept investing in various stocks including a few of my favorites that I’ve mentioned on this blog a few times already, such as Facebook and Amazon.
I’ve also continued to save towards a larger cash position, but that is beginning to get even more serious beginning now. I hope to be buying a house and am looking into a few other opportunities within the end of this year and beginning of next. My favorite place to grow my cash right now, as I’ve mentioned, is Marcus by Goldman Sachs. When I originally wrote about them they were offering less, but are now offering 1.8% interest on all savings accounts. On top of that, interest rates are only looking like they will continue to go up right now.
So here’s to some new adventures in life. I’ll be sure to try and keep you updated more! For today I wanted to share a few apps & products that I’ve been using recently, and share my thoughts. So let’s just get into this:
- Circle Invest App: I have really enjoyed using this service. It’s an app in which you can purchase various cryptocurrencies. If you are familiar with crypto, it’s pretty much like Coinbase, but better right now. There are low fees, more of a variety of cryptocurrency, they make it easy to add money and withdrawal, and they have several other interesting features. One of my favorites is the “Buy The Market” feature where with one purchase you buy a fraction of every crypto they currently offer on the app.
- Cash App/Square: I really dig Square’s Cash App. Much like Circle, they make it very easy and quick to add money. You can then buy Bitcoin (only Bitcoin at the moment, no other cryptos). You can also use the cash to send to others with the app, or even get the personalized debit card which I did. They have “Boosts” you can load on them where you can get certain discounts when you use the card. A few examples are $1-off each Subway visit, 5%-off each visit at Whole Foods, and 10% off each visit to Chick-fil-A. Not bad at all! It’s overall just a real slick, simple app which I why I like it. You can use the debit card just like any other debit card you’ve used once you load it with money.
- Robinhood Gold: I am still a huge supporter of the Robinhood app. Recently I decided to test their Robinhood Gold service. With it you get access to extended trading hours, the option of using margin, and a few other benefits. The cost varies based on how much margin you take on, or as Robinhood calls it, “Gold.” I enjoyed using the platform and testing all of the features. As is always the case with margin, you have to be very careful. It’s easy to make bigger bets than you normally would knowing you have the access to margin. Besides Robinhood Gold, just overall I am very impressed with the Robinhood app. I’ve been trading options (mostly calls) here and there, and am still just learning, but that has become one of my bigger interests in investing. They’re risky, but can lead to big rewards if you’re willing to learn. Biggest thing Robinhood offers… the ZERO commissions for trading stocks, options, AND cryptocurrency. Yes, you can purchase crypto on Robinhood as well and recently they’ve been adding more coins. It’s still only available in certain states, but more and more of those are being added often as well.
I’m going to leave it with those three for now, but I’ve got a lot more that I want to share with you all hopefully soon. Just a few of the things I’ll be blogging about before not too long (hopefully) include the following:
- Three of my favorite current stocks: Netflix, Nvidia & Tesla, as well as updates on previous mentioned stocks.
- PayPal Working Capital
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping & Quickbooks
- Vistaprint Promobox
- Shift card (Boo!)
- Amazon Prime
- the next recession
- I.R.S. & taxes
- WHAT is happening to eBay?
As you see, lots of ideas and plans written down, very little time, but ultimately the passion and determination to eventually get these blogs out! If you have any thoughts, ideas, other suggestions, ANYTHING, just let me know. Have an amazing day!